Does not want to enter the treatment?
Attention! For parents of addict
When a person finds out that his loved one uses narcotic substances, of course the first reaction is a shock, panic – everything collapsed. After that, the life of the household is concentrated on the drug addict and the daily war for salvation begins. Often this war leads not to the desired results, but to the opposite. To avoid mistakes, it is advisable to follow certain rules.
- Do not try to cope with this problem yourself. You have no relevant education, no experience in treatment and rehabilitation. Calm down. Anger and aggression will only cause resistance and alienation from the dependent. Do not interrupt contact; he should know that you want to help.
- In a calm conversation, find out the real situation with the use of chemicals. Directly ask: “Do you take drugs?”, “How long ?” After confirming the fact of taking a chemical, offer treatment, rehabilitation or a conversation with a specialist. If he denies the fact of using, ask the addict to pass an express test for narcotic substances .You can contact us. Our consultant will visit you, test you and give you all the advice on how to proceed. Often the addict refuses, coming up with a variety of reasons not to pass the analysis. It is the sign for the beginning of active operations to start a drug addict treatment.
- Do not create conditions for him to use! Set strict limits of acceptable behavior in the family. Do not be tempted by provocations and do not give money, no matter how he explains his requests. After all, we know how he will spend it. Do not pay his debts. Do not give up to blackmail or threats. Every addict becomes very cunning, and it is easy for him to deceive almost any person for the sake of the idea of drug using. Take a tough position and follow it, give him the opportunity to live as badly as he wants, but do not try to artificially worsen his life. Remember! No one dies of withdrawal! People die from the use of a drug!
- Consult with our rehabilitation specialist. Again, offer addiction treatment. You can’t say that “it is necessary to solve the problem” without offering him real help. Tell him about modern methods of addiction treatment, todays success of treatment on the example of our clinic. Give him hope for the future.
- Relatives can face a strong denial of the problem. You need evidence of the use of chemicals. For example, demonstrate to the addict his devices for use (syringes, cans, bottles, pipes for smoking mixtures, bags). Look for any traces of injections on the body. Try to film him when he is in a state of drug-addiction. A drug addict can not justify the facts you provided. Do not humiliate or insult him, it will only cause more denial. Show caring and love. He must understand that there is help and support in this situation.
- Tune in for a serious conversation. Quietly and clearly ask the question: “How do you imagine your future life?” Do not shout, do not use the reasons “Who is to blame?” It will take you away from the essence of the goal itself. It is advantageous for the addicts to blame someone for their problems. There are a lot of reasons for using drugs, leave it to our specialists.
- Without compromise! We want to tell all parents : “You have to be tougher, but do not make a fuss about it, just make decisions and follow them.” Without aggression, designate your position as a statement: “You are going to the clinic today.” Do not believe the words of an addict that he will manage himself or “quit soon”. You see a completely different person. This person is able to deceive, betray, go to anything for the sake of drug use. Addict will never cope with the problem alone! He needs the help of professionals! As soon as the addict starts to present his demands and conditions, and you up, then you lose.
- Arrival at the clinic or meeting with a clinic consultant. Rehabilitation.
Drug addiction, this is a most dangerous chronic progressive disease, which always leads to one result – death on a spiritual and physical level!
Unfortunately, the denial of the disease is their natural state. Sometimes intervention of the clinic’s motivational team specialists is required to form a desire for treatment. This method is called “intervention”, in other words, belief. It will help the drug addict to realize the whole horror of the situation. The essence of the intervention is that the addict needs words that are accessible to his understanding to describe the reality and motivate him to be treated. This procedure is absolutely legal and quite effective. Motivational consultation goal is to overcome refusal of treatment. It is carried out by our specialists, and is able to convince the patient to start the rehabilitation. Every addict, even with the lowest motivation, waits for help, and we help him to come to this conviction himself and make a decision about the need for treatment.
Our specialists are able to find an approach to any drug addict, create a stable trusting relationship and only then push him to make an important decision about the need of treatment. Intervention, in 100% of cases is initiated by relatives or friends of an addicted person. It is enough to call or personally visit the clinic to agree on the procedure. Our specialists visit you and conduct a motivational conversation. In this case, the patient passes several psychological stages. The drug addict gradually comes to awareness – he is sick and needs serious treatment. Correctly conducted intervention gives up to 90% of positive results. This means that 9 out of 10 addicts agree to further rehabilitation. The mood of addicted people is rather unstable. You need to act very quickly. This means that if the relatives of the addict decide to intervene, they should be ready for the next fast hospitalization. We know that every day in a drug addict active use can lead to irreversible consequences!